Outstanding Chef Award
A working chef in America whose career has set national industry standards and who has served as an inspiration to other food professionals. Candidates must have been working as chefs for at least the past 5 years.
- José Andrés (Twitter | Wikipedia)
minibar (Yelp) 405 8th Street NW Washington D.C., DC 20004 (202) 393-0812
Outstanding Restaurant Award
A restaurant in the United States that serves as a national standard-bearer for consistent quality and excellence in food, atmosphere, and service. Candidates must have been in operation for at least 10 or more consecutive years.
- Eleven Madison Park (Facebook | Yelp) 11 Madison Ave NY 10010 (212) 889-0905
Owner: Danny Meyer (Wikipedia)
Rising Star Chef of the Year Award
A chef age 30 or younger who displays an impressive talent and who is likely to have a significant impact on the industry in years to come.
- Gabriel Rucker (Le Pigeon (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 738 East Burnside St Portland, OR 97214 (503) 546-8796
Best New Restaurant
A restaurant opened in 2010 that already displays excellence in food, beverage, and service and is likely to have a significant impact on the industry in years to come.
- ABC Kitchen (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 88088 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (212) 475-5829
Chef/Owner: Jean-Georges Vongerichten (Wikipedia)
Owner: Phil Suarez
Best Chefs in America
Chefs who have set new or consistent standards of excellence in their respective regions. Each candidate may be employed by any kind of dining establishment and must have been a working chef for at least the past 5 years. The 3 most recent years must have been spent in the region where the chef is presently working.
Best Chef: Great Lakes (IL, IN, MI, OH)
- Alex Young (Zingerman’s Roadhouse (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 2501 Jackson Ave Ann Arbor, MI 48103 (734) 663-3663)
Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic (D.C., DE, MD, NJ, PA, VA)
- Michael Solomonov (Zahav (Twitter | Yelp) 237 Saint James Place Philadelphia, PA 19106 (215) 625-8800)
Best Chef: Midwest (IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD, WI)
Best Chef: New York City (Five Boroughs)
Best Chef: Northeast (CT, MA, ME, NH, NY STATE, RI, VT)
- Tony Maws (Craigie On Main (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 853 Main St Cambridge, MA 02139 (617) 497-5511)
Best Chef: Northwest (AK, ID, MT, OR, WA, WY)
- Andy Ricker (Pok Pok (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 3226 Southeast Division St Portland, OR 97202 (503) 232-1387)
Best Chef: Pacific (CA, HI)
Best Chef: South (AL, AR, FL, LA, MS)
- Stephen Stryjewski (Cochon (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 930 Tchoupitoulas St New Orleans, LA 70130 (504) 588-2123
Best Chef: Southeast (GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, WV)
- Andrea Reusing (Lantern (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 423 W Franklin St Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27516 (919) 969-8846
Best Chef: Southwest (AZ, CO, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT) TIE!
- Saipin Chutima (Lotus of Siam (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 953 East Sahara Ave # A5 Las Vegas, NV 89104 (702) 735-3033
- Tyson Cole (Uchi (Twitter | Facebook | Yelp) 801 South Lamar Blvd Austin, TX 78704 (512) 916-4808
Outstanding Restaurateur Award
A working restaurateur who sets high national standards in restaurant operations and entrepreneurship. Candidates must have been in the restaurant business for at least 10 years. Candidates must not have been nominated for a James Beard Foundation chef award in the past 10 years.
- Richard Melman Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises Chicago
Outstanding Pastry Chef Award
A chef or baker who prepares desserts, pastries, or breads and who serves as a national standard-bearer for excellence. Candidates must have been pastry chefs or bakers for at least the past 5 years.
- Angela Pinkerton Eleven Madison Park
Outstanding Service Award
A restaurant that demonstrates high standards of hospitality and service. Candidates must have been in operation for at least the past 5 years.
- Per Se NYC
Chef/Owner: Thomas Keller
Outstanding Wine and Spirits Professional Award
A winemaker, brewer or spirits professional who has had a significant impact on the wine and spirits industry nationwide. Candidates must have been in the profession for at least 5 years.
- Julian P. Van Winkle, III Old Rip Van Winkle Distillery Louisville, KY
Outstanding Wine Service Award
A restaurant that displays and encourages excellence in wine service through a well-presented wine list, a knowledgeable staff, and efforts to educate customers about wine. Candidates must have been in operation for at least 5 years.
- The Modern NYC
Wine Director: Belinda Chang